Many of us spend a fortune on “beauty treatments” not to mention gym membership and organic food bills but the quickest and certainly the cheapest way to get your freshness back is to ditch the drink…
If you need convincing then just check out Nicola in the photos – Nicola came to one of our workshops and as a result she quit drinking – she took a photo before she stopped and then again after just a few weeks of not drinking – they say a picture speaks a thousand words so I will say no more..
I will just post a quick listicle of how drinking impacts your looks…
- Tired eyes – evening drinking affects your sleep – it cuts REM cycles from 5 or 7 to just 1 or 2 so you wake up feeling tired
- Grey skin – alcohol is a diuretic and makes your kidneys pass more fluids. Skin needs moisture to stay healthy and will become dull
- Sagging – regular drinking can leave your skin missing the essential vitamins and minerals that help keep it elastic and smooth
- Red blotches – alcohol dilutes the small bood vessels in your skin which can result in red blotches
- It ages you – New York nutritionist Jairo Rodriguez always tells his patients “if you want to look older, then go ahead and drink!”
- Drinking leads to zinc deficiency which can lead to hairloss so those luscious locks may suffer as well as your face!
- We all want to be slim but did you know your body will not even think about burning any fat until its got rid of that deadly alcohol you drank?
We have more workshops coming up in September – make a booking and we will throw in a complimentary online support system called “Take a Break” which will get you through an alcohol free month – a great way to prepare for a workshop and find out how dependent you may have become.
If you don’t live in Cape Town or Joburg then just sign up for “Take a Break” – have an alcohol free month and get your sparkle back!
Just don’t forget to do that selfie at the beginning and end of your alcohol free month – send it to us and we will send you a WorldWithoutWine t-shirt.